- Is there a Linux NIS+ mailing list ?
There is a mailing list for NIS+ development, discussing and
announcements. The mailing list is
email@example.com. Look at
http://lists.samba.org/listinfo/linux-nisplus/ for more information and the
- The NIS+ server doesn't accept my credentials
For secure RPC, the data is only valid a very short time
(about 3 min.). make sure, that the Linux PC and the NIS+ Server
has the same time. I use xntpd for that.
- I have problems with mounting, ftp, telnet to and from the
Compare your /etc/protocols, /etc/rpc and /etc/services file
with the NIS+ map and add the missing entries, or change
/etc/nsswitch.conf to use the local copies for this services.
- With autofs 3.1.1 and NIS+, I will crash the Solaris
This is not a Linux NIS+ problem but a Solaris bug. This
behaviour is reported by a lot of people, using various libcs
and distributions. I have heard that there exists a
patch for Solaris, but I don't know more.
- telnet or ftp from a Linux PC to another host gives
Update your glibc version to the latest snapshot.
glibc 2.0.96 or later contains the fixes.